RawVoice/Blubrry is looking for a marketing specialist with a penchant for people and podcasting. The individual chosen will rock at analyzing current and past data to help determine an overall strategy and ensure marketing ideas coincide with the company’s brand and mission statement. The specialist will research consumer demand and explore ways to increase its podcast potential and promotion. They will also assist with the development and writing of marketing materials, such as plans, recommendations and presentations. We’re thinking a great candidate will have somewhere around two or three years of experience. Skills we seek include specialties in copywriting, email marketing, market research, social media marketing, strategic marketing and web marketing.
Duties and responsibilities:
Our new marketing specialist will drive the overall marketing functions across departments in a collaborative and communicative approach.
Develop innovative marketing goals related to strategy, pricing, product positioning, target audience, messaging and branding.
Fulfill our company mission statement and goals through these methodologies:
- Business smarts
- Effectively gather and analyze data; tracking information internally or externally to determine and evolve the marketing strategies.
- Develop a competitive market analysis using a current and progressive methodology that will position RawVoice/Blubrry front and center in the space.
- Consumer research
- Own and love primary consumer research, delighting in determining the needs and wants of podcasters to drive development goals.
- Define, simplify and project product benefits, features and value to gain new clients and keep the old ones.
- Attend and represent Blubrry at trade shows and events, typically with a couple of outstanding, fascinating and fun colleagues.
- Performance analysis
- Have an efficient and analytical eye (or two) toward online marketing system and external marketing campaigns (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook, industry and event sponsorships).
- Lead the RIO analysis and tracking methodology for events, products and services.
Explore the podcasting space far and away from our expansive, comfy Columbus digs. Seek frontiers beyond short-term goals to understand the importance of a long-term evolution and the company philosophy -- all while handling company growth and scaling.
Foster a friendly, personal and approachable company persona that resonates with the people we aim to -- and do -- serve.
Coordinate, delegate and build our online presence, which includes blogging and on-site content and marketing messages within the website, as well as SEO.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Our marketing specialist will have a burning desire to grow a business, and in doing so (of course) grow with that business. Someone who is . . .
- Familiar with podcasting and podcasters and, even better, Blubrry.
- Eager to sell and market all elements of the company.
- Understanding and appreciative of marketing and branding overall.
- Confident in expressing their ideas open-minded and enthusiastic toward others and their views.
- Invested in developing their skills and knowledge -- someone who doesn’t stop learning and developing day-to-day.
- Giddy about new technologies, such as software and technologies that drive, analyze and measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies (e.g. Google Analytics, user testing, conversion tracking, competitor analysis, etc.).
- Dedicated to keeping up with the latest trends and resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with potential customers. A great listener who is open to new ideas, collaborative and has a vested interest in the clients needs and wants.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field preferred. College degree required.
- Two years of industry experience with marketing/digital/web.
- Familiarity with marketing strategies and campaigns and ROI measurement.
- Experience in driving measurable growth for the company.
- Knowledge of online advertising systems (e.g. Google Adwords, etc., etc.)
- Experience with SEO-supporting tools and Google Analytics.
- And knowledge of eCommerce best practices would be swell, too.
Physical activity / other
- The RawVoice Blubrry marketing specialist will work at a computer, sitting or standing at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Occasional work in excess of 40 hours per week to meet deadlines.
- Attendance at trade shows and conferences.
- Lifting and carrying boxes of print material within the office -- however no more than 30 pounds is required without assistance.
Salary competitive based on experience.